Laser Safety Training
Turnkey Laser Safety Program
An Exclusive Opportunity
from Aspen Laser
In healthcare, laser safety is often misunderstood, underutilized, and poorly implemented. A Healthcare Laser Safety Program encompasses a system of education, training, and compliance with improved employee and patient safety while reducing the overall risk from non-compliance and failed regulatory audits.
To help healthcare practices meet the safety requirements for Class 3 and Class 4 lasers, including those used for Photobiomodulation, Aspen Laser has partnered with Laser Safety Certification, Inc, a nationally recognized laser safety consulting company, to develop a comprehensive training and certification program. The result is a new and exclusive “3 in 1” Laser Safety Training and Certification Program consisting of three components:
- LSO Kit: Laser Safety Officer Self Certification. The kit includes Certificates for three (3) laser safety officers, and additional certificates can be printed at no extra cost.
- Laser Safety Program Kit: The kit includes the Training Program with Policies, Procedures, and Forms for the practice.
- Employee Kit: Laser Safety Certification for New Employee Training (non-office operators). The kit includes certificates for five (5) employees, and additional certificates can be printed at no extra cost.
Laser Safety is a Requirement for Your Practice
Owning and operating a Class 3b or Class 4 laser in your healthcare practice requires knowledge and compliance with national and state laser safety rules and regulations. An on-site laser safety officer is a requirement where Class 3b & Class 4 lasers are in use.
In the US, laser safety standards are set by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
All commercial and healthcare laser products sold in the USA are also subject to FDA Laser Safety Requirements and Compliance, including the Center for Devices for Radiological Health (CDRH).
OSHA requires a general duty of care for laser usage. This means the workplace must be free from known risks and hazards. Compliance with ANSI standards is voluntary, but OSHA has the authority to step in when worker safety is in question. Employers could be fined if they ignore proper safety steps. Laser safety procedures must be documented and include audit reports, policies, equipment maintenance records, and operator logs.
Many states have additional laser registration and laser safety standards and regulations which should be consulted when creating a laser safety program.
What's Included in your Turnkey Laser Safety Program
- Meets all regulatory requirements including OSHA, FDA, ANSI, and State. Printed 3 ring binder is available for all onsite regulatory audits.
- Program consists of:
- Three Ring Binder with all printed trainings, exams, and certificates.
- USB flash drive, copy of all print items.
- 3 Kits Included:
- Section 1 – Laser Safety Officer Kit, with Exam and Certificates. Includes Certificates for three (3) Laser Safety Officers (LSO).
- Section 2 – Practice Laser Safety Kit with Policies and Procedures.
- Section 3 – Employee Laser Safety Kit, with Exam and Certificates. Includes Certificates for five (5) Employees who complete the Laser Safety Training Program.